Tuesday, December 25, 2007

School Update Weeks 3 - 5

The ServSafe exam went well. There are only two questions that I feel iffy about out of 90. I will get the results on the 27th. I also received my Magmt certificate. Yea for me! And now we are into the basics of cooking. It is an intense amount of material to cover in a short period of time. We cover as many as three chapters in one session. Uggghhh...

The flu made it's presence known the last week of classes. I made it through Monday's class, no problem. Tuesday was a different matter. Bleh! So, I missed three days due to illness but maintained email contact with my instructor who assured me that even with the three missed days I was still in the 90% for my grade. Mom picked up my uniforms for me on Wednesday. We got them early so that we can press and hem them in preparation for going to Poverello House on the 15th of January. As a class, we will be preparing upwards of 800 meals in the Poverello kitchen to be served to the homeless that day. We will get to draw duties and go over the menu the day before.

Tht's all for now...

Ciao

2 comments:

Neil said...

Preparing 800 meals seems like an awful lot for the third week of classes...

Genevieve Hinson said...

When you say bellybutton, you mean what others call the 'armpit' of California. I live in the same city as the Poverello house.

Hows that for a coinkydink, along with our sons and WW. :)

Seriously small world. Thanks for stopping by my blog and we should definitely chat sometime soon!

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.